Job openings at Market Creek Plaza
Assists with receiving, stocking and display of grocery product, maintains department cleanliness, and provides customer service.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Clean and dust fixtures, sweep and mop floors.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Knows and Adheres to Quality Standards for customer service as outlined by Supervisor.
- Adheres to all guidelines around product recommendation and information.
- Assists in any other departments as needed.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Communicates respectfully at all times.
- Does not expose customers to internal disagreements.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful.
- Reports to work for scheduled shifts, on-time and appropriately uniformed.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures.
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
- Learns and adapts to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to identify report and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Provides a positive model for co-workers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous customer service experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Food 4 Less has eight Customer 1st Clerk positions. There is a 60-day probationary period and healthcare benefits are offered after 6 months. The starting salary is $8.10 per hour and the position(s) are up to 40 hours a week. To apply, please forward your résumé to Carlette@workforce.org or fax to 619-228-2901.