Cleanup Project – Request for Quotes
The Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation has selected Second Chance for a short-term workforce cleanup contract for the Northwest Village Creek.
Second Chance will have a crew of six individuals who have graduated from either their young adult or adult Job Readiness Training program and who seek to build their work history through crew based team work. Second Chance clients are individuals who face multiple barriers to employment including a history of incarceration, substance abuse, and homelessness. One hundred percent of the crew members will be residents of the local target area and they will receive wages for approximately 60 hours of work on this project between March 19 and March 27.
UPDATE – March 9, 2015
The following questions were asked about the Northwest Village Creek Cleanup RFQ. Please see responses below.
- Q) What are the measurements of the project site?
A) Approx. dimensions:Phase I: 880 LF 57,200 SF
Phase II: 2,080 LF (this includes portions next to Festival Park and along Market Street east of Euclid) 215,955 SF
- Q) Is the cover letter included the count of the 4-page maximum?A) Cover letter is in ADDITION (not included) to the 4-page maximum as is the budget. The 4 pages should be reserved for submission questions 1-8 of Section 7 titled: Proposal Submission.
- Q) Concerning Eligibility: Is a business entity that provides the described services eligible to apply and not just non-profits. Specifically, a sole proprietorship or LLC.
A) Yes, these entities are eligible to apply.
UPDATE – March 6, 2015
Today, the Jacobs Center held a Respondent Workshop and Creek Tour. Click here for a list of attendees. Insurance Requirements for the selected offeror can be found here.
– – –
The Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation (JCNI) is inviting proposals from community-based organizations or other entities who are able to perform a short-term trash and debris cleanup project on designated portions of JCNI owned property in and around Chollas Creek.
The primary goal is to select a contractor to remove garbage and debris prior to the groundbreaking event for the Northwest Village Creek Restoration Project on March 26. The secondary goal of the project is to engage with entities who provide workforce opportunities or other educational supports to neighborhood residents and who can use this project to assist to carry out their work. The objectives are to connect the Northwest Village Creek Restoration Project to human development programs in order to support neighborhood residents with training and educational opportunities. This includes opportunities to increase soft-skills, build work history, and assist to create stewardship amongst neighborhood residents for the Chollas Creek Watershed. Download an application.
The following steps* will occur as part of this RFQ application process:
- RFQ Released: Monday, March 2, 2015
- Respondent Workshop and Creek Tour: JCNI 404 Euclid, 1st Floor Community Room – Friday March 6, 2015 at 1pm – RSVP Khenwood@JacobsCenter.org
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 5pm Pacific Time
- Application Review: March 12, 2015 – March 13, 2015
- Applicant Selected: March 16, 2015
- Contract Executed: March 18, 2015
- Work Completion Date: Phase I – March 25, 2015. Phase II – April 2015 -Start date is flexible.
*Note: subject to change per the discretion of JCNI