Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation: Health & Safety Resources
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Page
- For the latest updates regarding the coronavirus in San Diego County, please visit coronavirus-sd.com
- California’s daily COVID-19 updates are available on the Department of Public Health website
- City of San Diego Coronavirus Information & Updates and Business Relief & Support
- City of San Diego District 4 Councilmember Monica Montgomery’s website
- California Grants Portal
FREE, Local COVID-19 Testing Locations
- Tubman-Chavez Community Center, 415 Euclid Ave.
7 Days a Week, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Walk Ins Only
- Euclid Health Center, 292 Euclid Ave.
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Drive-up Testing. Appointment Required.
Learn more and make an appointment: coronavirus-sd.com/testing.
- District 4 Emergency Operations Resource Center
- 2-1-1 San Diego’s COVID-19 Resources
- San Diego Unified School District’s COVID-19 Updates
- KIPP Adelante Charter School’s latest updates (located next to the Jacobs Center)
- San Diego Youth Services offers resources for youth who have experienced or are at risk of commercial sexual exploitation or human trafficking
- Voice & Viewpoint – the newspaper is FREE to the community during this vital time
- NAACP San Diego chapter has a COVID-19 information page accessible here
Health & Food Resources
- Fresh Food Bank, Tuesdays from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Pick-up at the Jacobs Center, hosted by I Am My Brothers Keeper, Urban Alchemy 360 and San Diego Urban Sustainability. No need to sign up, everyone in drive-thru distribution food bank will be served.
- San Diego Hunger Coalition Food Assistance Resources
- San Diego Hunger Coalition’s food assistance programs and resources
- The Alzheimer’s Association’s dementia and Alzheimer’s caregiving tips
- Sunshine Behavioral Health telehealth and online mental health resources
Housing & Transportation Resources
- State of California Housing & Homelessness Resource Page
- County of San Diego Rental Assistance Information & Application
- Jewish Family Service’s Hand Up Cars Program
- The Metropolitan Transit System is offering free rides to vaccination sites
- Uber and Lyft are offering free rides to vaccine sites
Internet & Computer Access
- SDAccess4All – The City of San Diego is offering free Wi-Fi at over 300 locations, hundreds of new laptops to check out from libraries for up to two hours and mobile hotspots that can be checked out for up to 30 days from 14 libraries. Visit the website to locate free Wi-Fi and computer rentals.
- Internet for All Now – The California Emerging Technology Fund can provide assistance determining if your household qualifies for an affordable home internet offer; call toll-free 1-844-841-INFO (4636), or the website.
- Everyone On – To see low-cost internet offers that you may qualify for based on zip code and household circumstances call 1-855-EVRY1ON (3879166), text CONNECT to 30364, or visit the website.
- Human-I-T – A non-profit organization available to help those who are not connected to or unable to afford internet services. Fill out an internet request form or text 1-562-372-6925 for assistance accessing internet services. Assistance is also available to help with affordable device access.
- Computers 2 Kids – C2K is a program that donates computers to families in need at a reduced cost. Each computer received includes one free year of technical support and is loaded with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite software. Apply online; only one application permitted per household. Call 1-858-200-9788 with questions.
- ATT – Stay connected with the speed you need and affordable internet you can trust – apply online to find out if you are eligible for low-cost internet service.
- Comcast/Xfinity – Internet Essentials from Comcast is taking immediate steps to make it easier for you to stay connected to home Internet. Fill out an Internet Essential program application for an opportunity to receive assistance with internet services.
- Cox – To find out if you qualify for lower internet services through the Connect2Compete program, call 1-800-234-3993, or visit the website.
Business & Financial Resources
- San Diego Foundation COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- United Way COVID-19 Worker Assistance Initiative
- San Diego COVID-19 Children’s Fund
- To support artists during the COVID-19 crisis, MAP Fund has joined a coalition of national arts grantmakers to create an emergency initiative to offer financial and informational resources to artists. Artist Relief Emergency Fund
- San Diego Workforce Partnership’s information for both businesses and workers
- Jobs for the Future’s COVID-19 Resource Center
- For business resources, visit CONNECT ALL @ the Jacobs Center’s Business Resources page
- What’s in the CARE Act for Nonprofits? from the National Council of Nonprofits
- Article: “How Nonprofits Can Utilize the new Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19” from Nonprofit Quarterly
Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation Updates
- The Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation cares about your safety and wants to maintain a safe workplace and environment for its customers, visitors and community. We would like to make the community aware of the following updates in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Jacobs Center staff will be working remotely as much as possible. The information line for the center will remain open and someone will be answering inquiries that come through the general phone number: (619-527-6161)
- The Southeastern San Diego COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund funded over 33 community-based nonprofits to provide support to the community at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the page for a list of organizations that were funded, including links to get assistance or show support for their efforts.
- The Arts Park @ Chollas Creek and the Writerz Blok program is closed until further notice.
- We are currently not taking new reservations for the Community Room and Market Creek Amphitheater on the Jacobs Center Campus. For existing reservations or inquiries, please contact Alvenesia Sims at email@example.com or 619-527-6161 ext. 189.
- Most events scheduled at Celebration Hall and other venues at the Joe and Vi Jacobs Center have been postponed or canceled. For information about specific events or any of their other programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that your question can be directed to appropriate staff.
- For any other organizations located in the Joe & Vi Jacobs Center building, please reach out to them directly for updates.