Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation: Health & Safety Resources
SOUTHEASTERN SAN DIEGO COVID-19 RAPID RESPONSE FUND
In support of nonprofit organizations serving Southeastern San Diego during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation will provide emergency grants to nonprofit organizations that have deep roots and strong experience supporting these communities. More specifically, 501c3 organizations that are disproportionately affected by this global pandemic and its economic consequences, including those serving food and providing educational services, transportation, senior support, mental health services and other emergency needs. The Southeastern San Diego COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund expects to move an initial round of grants within the next week with funds released on a rolling basis. Special thanks to JCNI Board Member Laila Aziz for her leadership of this initiative.
Non-profit organizations can apply at: rapidresponse.fund.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the latest updates regarding the coronavirus in San Diego County, please visit coronavirus-sd.com
- California’s daily COVID-19 updates are available on the Department of Public Health website
- City of San Diego Coronavirus Information & Updates
- San Diego Unified School District’s COVID-19 Updates
- City of San Diego District 4 Councilmember Monica Montgomery’s website
- 2-1-1 San Diego’s COVID-19 Resources
- View & Viewpoint – the newspaper is FREE to the community during this vital time
- NAACP San Diego chapter has a COVID-19 information page accessible here
- San Diego Foundation COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- United Way COVID-19 Worker Assistance Initiative
- Sempra Energy Foundation’s Nonprofit Hardship Fund
- San Diego Workforce Partnership’s information for both businesses and workers
- CONNECT ALL @ the Jacobs Center’s Business Resources
- KIPP Adelante Charter School’s latest updates (located next to the Jacobs Center)
Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation Updates
- The Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation cares about the safety and wants to maintain a safe workplace and environment for its customers, visitors and community. We would like to make the community aware of the following updates in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) beginning Monday, March 16:
- Jacobs Center staff will be working remotely to the extent possible as a precautionary measure. The information line for the center will remain open and someone will be answering inquiries that come through the general phone number: (619-527-6161)
- The Arts Park @ Chollas Creek and the Writerz Blok program is closed until further notice.
- We are currently not taking new reservations for the Community Room and Market Creek Amphitheater on the Jacobs Center Campus. For existing reservations or inquiries, please contact Alvenesia Sims at email@example.com or 619-527-6161 ext. 189.
- Most events scheduled between now and the beginning of April through Kitchens for Good (at Celebration Hall and other venues at the Joe and Vi Jacobs Center) have been postponed or cancelled. For information about specific events or any of their other programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that your question can be directed to appropriate staff.
- For any other organizations located in the Joe & Vi Jacobs Center building, please reach out to them directly for updates.