Help Available to Pay Past-Due Rent and Utilities Due to COVID-19 Hardship
A new program can help pay past-due, unpaid rent and utilities for qualifying San Diego City residents with low income who experience financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application from the City of San Diego COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program is available at covidassistance.sdhc.org.
For questions or help with the application, call 619-535-6921 or contact one of these community-based organizations:
- Casa Familiar https://www.casafamiliar.org/ (619) 333-6824
- Chicano Federation https://www.chicanofederation.org/ (619) 285-5600 x 802
- ElderHelp of San Diego https://www.elderhelpofsandiego.org/ (858) 380-5341
- Logan Heights Community Development Corporation https://www.loganheightscdc.org/ (619) 858-0563
- The San Diego LGBT Community Center https://thecentersd.org/ (619) 692-2077
- Serving Seniors https://servingseniors.org/ (619) 235-6572
- Union of Pan Asian Communities http://www.upacsd.com/ (619) 255-7644
- Urban League of San Diego County https://www.sdul.org/ (619) 266-6256
The San Diego Housing Commission administers the COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program for the City of San Diego.